Following the popular release of Amir 4.0, 4.1 , 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5 and 4.6, we are excited to announce the release of Amir 4.7. This version deprecates our enterprise edition, and launches a few new editions we are excited about.
We hope you enjoy this new version, here are our release notes:
- Following several crazy crashes that kept our team sleepless long nights, we have decided to discontinue the Enterprise Edition of Amir. We are happy with this decision, after 20 years of an amazing run, it was time to let it go.
- Amir 4.7 has new full blown Investor capabilities, we are kinda excited about it really. After testing with more than 30 design customers, we think it is ready for production.
- Despite many known bugs, we are bringing back the Author module and hope to launch another book or two before 4.8, and maybe a poem or two.
- We are still seeing fluctuations in weight management, but are content with the average weight maintained, and physical activities. We added SUP module that is running smoothly.
- This version has a better disaster recovery mechanism that we tested heavily this year.
- Our new product line update: Daniel 1.8 has shipped to University, we miss him, but he is happy. Jonny 1.5 has upgraded to a wrestler in high school, Deby 4.6 is happy treating kids as an occupational therapist!
- Mocha Dog 5.0 and Shoko Cat 12.0 are crashing a lot less when running in parallel.
- We fixed a problem where this version got stuck on viewing short video formats, we are keeping an eye on the issue to see if it does not repeat.
- We heard that 4.6 is not responsive in emails or text. We have classified this as “will not fix”.
- Our roadmap is still TBD, we still do not have a clear plan for a mature product.
This version still has a lot of typos — basically it is still broken.